Participants: Grace Axler-DiPerte (Facilitator), Mary Ortiz, and Michael Ortiz
- Resources: Previously gathered GBL resources can be found on CUNY Academic Commons in the Spring 2017 Folder.
- Michael discussed games he uses in his Sociology class. Pictionary is used to introduce basic terms in preparation for more complex lessons. Using about 15 minutes of class time.
- Mary uses games to stimulate interest and get students hooked on Biostatistics. Family Feud style games get faculty and students involved in co-designing the game. Giving the students a competition to prepare for at the end of the semester can motivate their preparation.
- We discussed co-design and how peer judging and scoring can develop skills in students, and further engage the students not actively playing otherwise (in the manner of Apples-to-Apples).
- The FIG will continue in Fall 2018.