Game Based Learning (GBL) Faculty Interest Group (FIG) – Notes from Meeting Three
Friday, May 6th, 2022, 1:50pm via Zoom
Grace Axler-DiPerte, Facilitator
Participants: Grace Axler-DiPerte (KCC BIO), Lilja Neilsen (KCC BIO), Mary Ortiz (KCC BIO), Tom Lavazzi (KCC ENG), Amy Haas (KCC Business)
Meeting began at 1:50pm.
- The CUNY Games Network hosted a second, “First Fridays” Idea Exchange event immediately prior to this meeting.
- The next event is on June 3rd, 2022 at noon. You can get information by joining the CUNY Games Network mailing list. More information can be found here: https://games.commons.gc.cuny.edu/ and here: https://commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups/games-teaching-and-learning/ .
- We continued to work on our collaborative escape room in our privately shared google drive.
- The discussion focused on the settings for branched decision making and giving targeted feedback to a player, based on their response using a Google Form.
- Amy shared an Escape Room she created for her accounting class, and we worked on troubleshooting the settings so students would be sent to a particular section, or back to the main room when needed.
- Discussion of topics for next semester include:
- Continuing with Escape Room Design
- Working on ideas for Student-Generated games for formative or summative assessments.
- Post semester surveys were sent via email.
- An example of an escape room generated using Google Forms and Slides can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/y5ry2zdy
- Meetings will resume in the Fall of 2022. Please contact Grace for more information.